Develop your knowledge in Physics with UK A-Level
This course provides students with a wide understanding of physics and its applications from Newton to the present day. You will gain a sound basis for further studies at higher education level whilst also gain a good appreciation of physics.
Physics at A-level involves a lot of mathematics so students are expected to have high skills. The programme involves practical work and academic lessons, enabling you to gain a comprehensive set of abilities ranging from problem solving to communication skills.
Enhance your knowledge in Physics
On this two-year programme, you will learn about the main areas of Physics and get a strong grounding in the subject. Your first year will be structured like this:
- Particles, Quantum Phenomena and Electricity Particles of Radiation
- Mechanics, Materials and Waves
- Investigative and Practical Skills Verification (PSV) – you will be evaluated on your ability to follow and undertake 5 practical activities
- Externally Marked Practical Assignment (EMPA) – you will undertake practical work, collect and process data and use this to answer questions in a written test
The second year will follow this structure:
- Fields and Further Mechanics
- Nuclear Physics, Thermal Physics and an optional topic
- Optional Topics-One of the following: Astrophysics, Medical physics, Applied physics, Turning points in Physics
- Investigative and Practical Skills Verification (PSV)
- Externally Marked Practical Assignment (EMPA)
Pursue to university or start a career
After your A-levels, you can pursue your study in Physics, applied sciences, engineering, business – which can lead to a wide variety of careers or university courses. Physics A-level is highly regarded as it shows you are numerate and can handle a demanding course.
It is a good subject to have in many areas, from Psychology to Ecology. It is a recommended pathway for Mathematics and Engineering degrees as well as a useful subject for entry into Medicine and Geophysics.
Physics is available to study as an online course via distance learning. You will get support from qualified and expert tutors via email and Skype. This is an opportunity to study in your home country for the first year and move to the UK for the second year.